Abdulwahid Osman, the lawyer for the family of Dahir Ahmed Adan, speaks Monday during a news conference at St. Cloud City Hall in Minnesota. –Leila Navidi / Star... Read more
Attorney General Githu Muigai at a press conference on April 21 /JACK OWUOR By FELIX OLICK @olickfelix | September 20, 2016 Kenyan lawyers led by Attorney General... Read more
For years, Kenya and Somalia have argued over where their maritime boundary in the Indian Ocean runs. The International Court of Justice in The Hague could now decide... Read more
September 18, 2016 9:45 AM MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – The FBI says it’s investigating the attack Saturday night where a man stabbed eight people in a St. Cloud... Read more
They say Blue Cross lured them into contracts to drive Somali patients, then dumped them. Sunday September 18, 2016 About 60 medical-transportation firms run by... Read more
- 09/24 Somalia: The Impasse of 2016 Electoral Process drags on
- 09/20 Minnesota attacker worked as a security guard, officials say
- 09/20 Dismiss Somalia maritime case, Kenya urges Hague court
- 09/19 Kenya or Somalia: Who owns the sea and what lies beneath?
- 09/18 Where is my vote? Comparing elections in Somalia from 1950-2016
- 09/18 The rise of women in terrorism
- 09/18 FBI Investigating St. Cloud Mall Stabbing; Clinton Briefed
- 09/18 Somali Medical Transportation Firms accuse Blue Cross of bait and switch
- 09/18 Man stabs eight at Minnesota mall, is shot to death by off-duty officer
- 09/18 Somali Leaders: Thoughts are with the victims
>> << Editor's Choice
- Kenya or Somalia: Who owns the sea and what lies beneath?
- Where is my vote? Comparing elections in Somalia from 1950-2016
- The rise of women in terrorism
- The rise, fall, then grudging acceptance of khat, East Africa’s controversial stimulant
- Ordinary Session of the IGAD Assembly of Heads of States and Government on Somalia
- Once a Bucknell Professor, Now the Commander of an Ethiopian Rebel Army
- West of Suez for the Unite Arab Emirates
- Election in Somalia – Expert Briefing
Ahmed was just two when he was brought to Britain with big brother Mo but now he faces being deported back to the war-torn country BY ALAN SELBY 23:00, 27… Read more
- Rio Olympics 2016: Mo Farah recovers from fall to defend 10,000m title
- Kenyan Born Athlete to Represent Somalia at Rio Olympics
- Olympics 2016: Somali Athletes' Hard Road to Rio
- Somali American and 8-Time All-American runner, Hassan Mead, is Going to RIO 2016 Olympics
- Somali soccer tournament celebrates unity; works to keep boys from extremists
By Mohamud M Uluso September 22, 2016 The precarious security and political situation in Somalia is rapidly degenerating due to the vacuum created by the ending of the term in… Read more
- Should Somalia Leap into New Age of Governance?
- Somali Politics and Gendered Culture: Finding Simplicity in Complexity.
- The dollar: A game changer.
- Somali People have Set itself up for Failure
- Minnesota's Somali-American terrorism trial is over — can we still get justice?
Social media users express outrage after web video appears to show restaurant owner calling all Muslims “terrorists”. The incident reportedly occurred on Saturday night, raising concerns for increasing Islamophobia in… Read more
- New York Mayor: Muslims 'in crosshairs of bigotry'
- Muslim Couple says They were Kicked off Delta Flight for using Phone, saying ‘Allah’
- Who Was Behind the Coup Attempt in Turkey?
- Elie Wiesel: Paradoxical Legacy of a ‘Human Rights Icon’
- Boxing legend Muhammad Ali dies at 74
Nearly every woman in Somaliland was subjected to Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) as a child. Usually, a razor blade was applied to them without an anesthetic. Campaigners want the practice… Read more
- How to avoid getting Malaria – Sleep with a Chicken
- Minneapolis translates kitchen safety for immigrant restaurateurs
- To Circumcise or Not to Circumcise: A New Father’s Question
- Somali Dentist Helping Refugees in Oslo
- Somalia health news: Nearly 500,000 people received medical help in 2015
Saudi Arabia is closing the King Fahd Academy in Bonn by the end of the year, Saudi diplomats say. Many Germans were wary of the school, which has been suspected… Read more
- Getting children off the streets in Somalia
- The incredible story of the asylum seeker who is now a Manchester PhD student
- Paralyzing injury, language barrier, doesn't stop Dalmar Jimale
- China donates learning materials to Somali school
- Peace partners in Somalia turn to books to help fight Shabaab
A Somali archaeologist exhibits a primitive rock portray, considered one of a galaxy of vibrant animal and human sketches to adorn the caves within the rocky hills of this arid… Read more
- 5 Somali-British Poets You Need To Know About
- Former Minnesotan Barkhad Abdi's Hollywood life is heating up again
- The girl who said 'no' to marriage
- Muna Omar: Somaliland writer grasping at the star
- Arts and Culture Academy opens in the Somalia’s capital, Mogadishu
A khat plantation in Kenya. The stimulant’s prohibition in the UK was a bitter-sweet blow for growers, who now enjoy state support for the first time. Reuters/Thomas Mukoya By Neil… Read more
- Hussein Muktar Nurtures Understanding Between Cultures
- St. Anthony: No signs of settlement in dispute over Afro Deli
- Doors Open to Foreign Banks in Somalia After Half-Century Hiatus
- Somaliland Project opens up Africa for DP World
- Djibouti Is Hot
A depiction of Samia Yusuf Omar running at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. (Reinhard Kleist / Courtesy of SelfMadeHero) Sunday July 24, 2016 Since 2012, more than 11,300 refugees have died… Read more
- Q&A Sofia Samatar on the many influences on her fantasy novel, 'The Winged Histories'
- In new book, U of M professor captures stories of Somali diaspora
- Book review: ‘Making Refuge’ a compelling analysis of Somali Bantu refugees in Maine
- What it’s like to call the world’s largest refugee camp home
- OUT OF MOGADISHU: A MEMOIR OF THE SOMALI CIVIL WAR IN 1991- A BOOK REVIEW